There was a fire outbreak yesterday Tuesday 18th March 2014 at Pastor Chris Oyakhilome‘s Christ Embassy Church in Lagos which resulted in the razing of properties worth millions of naira. No injury or death was recorded.
The fire began at about 6.30pm from a building housing the church’s power generating sets following a power surge from one of the generators. On noticing the fire, the church members attempted to put out the fire with their own extinguishers before and when the fire-fighters arrived.
The first set of firefighters of the Lagos Fire Service to arrive on the scene had a water pump malfunction. The generator room which houses five generators, was completely destroyed by the explosion as they exploded one after the other.
The church auditorium was unaffected but the church officials stated they are yet to assess the full damage because the fire outbreak lasted until the night.